Frequently Asked Questions
What about medication vs. therapy?
Do you take insurance and how does that work?
To determine if you have mental health coverage, please contact your insurance carrier. Check your coverage carefully and make sure you understand what all will be covered by your insurance.
Some helpful questions you can ask them:
- What are my mental health benefits?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Does what we talk about in therapy remain confidential?
Confidentiality is one of the most important components between a client and psychotherapist. Successful therapy requires a high degree of trust with highly sensitive subject matters. Every therapist should provide a written copy of their confidential disclosure agreement, and you can expect that what you discuss in session will not be shared with anyone. This is called “Informed Consent”. Sometimes, however, you may want your therapist to share information or give an update to someone on your healthcare team (your Physician, Naturopath, Attorney), but by law your therapist cannot release this information without obtaining your written permission.
However, state law and professional ethics require therapists to maintain confidentiality except for the following situations:
- Suspected past or present abuse or neglect of children, adults, and elders to the authorities, including Child Protection and law enforcement, based on information provided by the client or collateral sources.
- If the therapist has reason to suspect the client is seriously in danger of harming him/herself or has threatened to harm another person.
Address: 216 Adley Way, Greenville, SC 29607
Rosa Snaric LMFT-I, SIT, C.C. specializes in counseling and therapy services for Marriage Counseling, Couples Therapy, Infidelity, Anxiety, Depression, Children, ADHD, and School Problems in and around Greenville, SC and its surrounding communities.
Proudly Serving: Greenville, Mauldin, Anderson, Simpsonville, Taylors, SC and their surrounding communities.